Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Four corners



His hand
on her arm

the blood reacts

She is now other
than what she
appears to be 

A tree that's moved
from day to night

the moon 

quickening
through darkling 
veins

Foxfire,
she almost thinks,
breathing through
two paper legs

sipping her sips
of tonic water
with her radioactive 
lips






She hits the
target

his mask
slips

She sees ice
beneath

and likes it

While deeper
yet

darkness




Suffuse me
before you're gone

I am small and
winter is long




Words
running circles
around a rectangular
room

fall down in a flock
at the end of the day

Exhausted by what
they couldn't say


3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Terms like foxfire and the phrase "radioactive lips" were particularly salient to me.

Vesper said...

I love this a lot, Sarah. It sounds like a song in my head, strange and beautiful...

Sarah Hina said...

Charles, thanks. I like to know what resonates.

Vesper, thank you. :) This was a bit random, but I like randomness. I'm glad you do, too.