Thursday, December 13, 2007

i like my body when it is with your, by e.e. cummings


i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like,, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh....And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new


[I just love this poem, and felt like sharing it.
Photo courtesy of Michael Colicos]

12 comments:

Aine said...

Ooooh, I really like this one. It blends biology with romance. Quite the turn-on. Thanks for posting this.

**shuffling off to look for Jason...**
;)

Sarah Hina said...

Glad I could help, Aine (and Jason).

;)

Forget oysters. This poem is my favorite aphrodisiac.

S. Kearney said...

Oh, yes. Love crumbs. Innocence at its best. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like it. And I like that I can share in it too.

Vesper said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.
I also like your choice of photo for this poem. :-)

Anonymous said...

Um, feel free to post more poems like this. Yeah.

Jaye Wells said...

Oh my. I do believe this is my new favorite poem.

Sarah Hina said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed this one as much as I. e.e. cummings is my favorite poet, and this might be my favorite poem of his. It's electric.

Maybe I'll post another one soon. :)

WH said...

I love cummings as well. He was such a groundbreaker in tearing apart conventional lines and yet retaining the beauty of his thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I also like "My sweet old etc." by e.e.

Sarah Hina said...

I just looked up that poem, Billy. And you're right, it was wonderful. cummings is so playful, yet his unconventionality is never a barrier to finding the heart of his language. I just love him.

Thanks. :)

Abhinav said...

Lovely!!! As gorgeous as free verse can get.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. :o)