The rules, as copied from her blog, are:
Link to the person that tagged you - ie me.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself in a blog post.
Tag six people.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their post.
Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
So here I go:
1. I once made 28 free throws in a row as a freshman in high school. Since this is unquestionably the single, greatest achievement of my life, it receives top billing. Suck it, Shaq.
2. I was that girl who never spoke up in class. I was also that girl who had a thing for the guys who did speak up in class. Yes, I loved me some nerds.
3. I've lived in 2 Athens. Ohio and Georgia. And despite the fact that one's in the Deep South and one's in Appalachia, they're remarkably similar. No "Love Shack" in Ohio, though. Figures.
4. I experienced my first kiss in a movie theater, during Ariel's angsty rendition of "Part of Your World" in The Little Mermaid. Sure, I was 13, but even then, it seemed a little uncool. Still bought the soundtrack, though. And made liberal use of the rewind button.
5. I can't watch horror films. The pressure is just too intense. The Exorcist actually makes me religious.
6. The most amazing thing I've ever tasted was the graham cracker I ate after giving birth to our daughter. I never wanted its yummy, crumby goodness to end. Yes, yes--the kid was kinda sweet, too.
And there is always the hope that someday she, too, will make 28 free throws in a row...or find first love through the cinematic manipulations of the Walt Disney corporation and/or Pixar.
A mom can dream, can't she?
I know what the rules say about tagging people. But honestly, most of the blogs I visit have already been tagged, or were tagged concurrently with me. So if you're looking for something to post, feel free to dive in! The water's warm...and rife with random mermaids and their secret longings.
Thanks, Vesper! This was fun. :)